Patt Hollinger Pickett, Ph.D. is a relationship & emotional intelligence expert, licensed therapist,
life coach, presenter, speaker, and writer with over 20 years of professional experience.
She has a solid reputation for infusing directness, enthusiasm, creativity, and humor into her work and writing.
- Doctorate in Education/Marriage-Family—St. Louis University
- Master’s Degree in Education/Counseling—University of MO-St. Louis
- Bachelor of Arts/Sociology—University of MO- St. Louis
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Master Addictions Counselor (MAC)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor II-Emeritus- CSACII/E
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Approved Counseling Supervisor
- Certified Professional (life) Coach (CPC)
- Social & Emotional Intelligence Certified Coach (SEICC)
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Missouri Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (MOAFT)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- American Mental Health Counselors’ Association (AMHCA)
- Missouri Mental Health Counselors’ Association (MMHCA
- St. Louis Writer’s Guild
- Missouri Writers’ Guild (MWG)
Following eleven years as a probation and parole officer for the federal courts and state government, Dr. Patt opened a private practice in marriage and family therapy/coaching. In 2004, she and her spouse, Darrel, founded HireCoach™ focusing on coaching along with therapy. They added a testing division in 2014. The St. Louis Emotional Intelligence Center for Testing and Development LLC offers EQ testing and support services.
In 2012, she published stories in two editions of Chicken Soup for the Soul: “Married Life” and “Here Comes the Bride.” She was a winner in the 2012 poetry competition sponsored by Metro Arts in Transit. Her poem, Traveling Regrets, appears in local transit stations and on buses and trains. Dr. Patt’s recent writing history also includes development of informative blogs/websites and a self-published chap book.
Dr. Patt’s written work, offering perspectives on life and relationship coaching tips, has appeared frequently in several publications. She is a former weekly Q&A columnist on coaching tips featured in a local newspaper.
Dr. Patt offers emotional intelligence workshops for marriages, relationship, and business development along with presentations on relationship topics. For a quick and entertaining way to gain relationship improvement, Dr. Patt has designed The Marriage Whisperer Challenge. This is a standard playing card deck and includes 52 relationship coaching tips on the card faces with suggestions for how to “play” at applying them to your relationship. The cards are available through the author. The relationship coaching tips are adapted from her book, The Marriage Whisperer: Tips to Improve Your Relationship Overnight.